Ros Kerslake, CEO, Heritage Lottery Fund spoke at the conference. Key aspects of her talk included:
- A lasting difference for heritage and people Strategic Framework 2013 – 2019
- HLF Strategic Framework – 2013 – 2019 Key statement:- “We aim to encourage more fundable projects in those areas that have attracted less funding in the past, most notably the natural heritage sector”.
- “No one will protect what they don’t care about and no one will care about what they have never experienced”
- Aim: To support schemes led by partnerships which aim to conserve areas of distinctive landscape character £237m to 126 Landscape Partnerships since 2000
- Sharing examples of the Allen Valleys Landscape Partnership in the North Pennines on the opportunities and change that can take place with the support of funding and investment.